Saturday, January 26, 2008

I live at the end of Via Giovanni Antoinio AMADEO and the door to my apartment building is red. Tram Cinque of the rickety old, bright-but-dirty-orange trolley system stops right in front. When I don’t take the tram, I passby the Pharmacy Department of the Universita Studi degli Milani en route home. My fridgerator is stocked with fresh pasta, cheese, yogurt and olives. My roommate brews a doppio espresso before leaving in the morning. My landlord’s name is Izzidoro and he smoke endlessly, even in the shower. He owns a cafĂ© and spents only minutes at the house each day except for a few hours sleeping. It is generally overcast but when the sun comes out (once so far), the city is beautiful. I listen to classical music quite frequently. Bach and Vivaldi are particularly fitting to the city and her dwellers.

No comments: